Increase Your Reach With The Ultimate Instagram SEO Strategy
Want to increase your reach? Get featured on the Instagram Explore Page? Expand your brand or business? SEO tactics are not just for Google, and with this strategy designed for Instagram, your account will rank high in search engine results, and bring more exposure to your brand!
- Include primary keywords in your username
- Add the primary keyword to your display name
- Change your Instagram handle to include relevant keywords
- Create a list of keywords related to your main keyword
- Include the most important keywords in your bio
- Add clickable hashtags to Instagram bios
- Use Instagram’s Search Bar tool to find and list keywords and phrases that are likely to be searched by Instagram users and your targeted audience
- Profile photos should be on brand but not bland
- Post original content not reposted content
- Have the brand style/ aesthetics present in every post
- Look at post insights to find where your impressions are coming from
TARGETING A NICHE AUDIENCE
- Create Instagram Explore Ads
- Do giveaways on your page; it doesn’t have to be with another brand if the goal is to get on the Explore Page.
- Include 9-12 hashtags
- Use hashtags that fall under the same line of business/product
- Use hashtags partnered Influencers are using
- Utilize Twitter to search for trending hashtags and events
FIND RELATED HASHTAGS
- Type your hashtag into the app’s search bar.
- Select “tags” from the dropdown menu.
- All of the top hashtags that are closely related to your own hashtag will be revealed.
- Use up to 1-10 hashtags by using Instagram’s hashtag feature
- Use relevant geotags
- Use GIFS/Stickers and less text/quizzes
- Add location tags to all posts
- When posting Influencer related content, tag the locations the influencers themselves represent to reach wider audiences
- Tag accounts by clicking on the image and writing a username as one would with a location
- Tagging people in images results in a separate notification feed for that user